The information presented below is intended to inform about placing, using and administrating the “cookies” used by the website www.customsoft.ro. Also, there are presented several useful links about this topic. If you need more information that is not found below, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a “cookie”?
An internet cookie (also known as “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) is a small-dimensioned file composed of numbers and letters that will be stored on the computer, mobile device or other equipment that a user uses to access the Internet.
A cookie consists of two parts: name and content, or the value of the cookie. The duration of the existence of a cookie is determined; technically, only the webserver that sent the cookie can access it again the moment a user returns on a website associated with it.
Note: Cookie usage is safe because they are not software programs, viruses or spyware, and can’t access the information on the user’s hard drive. No personal information, such as phone number or e-mail, can be obtained by a cookie. Cookies can’t be used for e-mail and telemarketing campaigns.
Cookies help generate a user-friendly experience, adapted to the preferences and interests of the users (for example online confidentiality preferences, website language preferences, shopping carts, and relevant advertisements). The refusal or deactivation of cookies makes some websites impossible to use. Refusing or deactivating cookies does not mean that you will not receive online advertisements anymore, it means that your preferences based on your behavior will not be taken into account.
Cookies are classified into two major categories:
1. Session cookies
This type of cookies is stored temporarily in the cookie folder of your web browser, to memorize them until the user exits the website and closes the browser (for example the moment of login or log out of an e-mail account or social media).
2. Persistent cookies
This type of cookies is stored on the computer or equipment hard drive and depends on the preset duration of the cookie. Persistent cookies include those placed on another website than the one the user is visiting at that moment – also known as “third party cookies” – that can be used anonymously to memorize the interests of a user and deliver relevant advertisements.
Cookies have an important role in facilitating the access and delivery of a multitude of services that the users might enjoy while using the Internet, such as:
- Customizing some setting, such as: the language a website is displayed in, currency, keeping options for various products (sizing or other details) in the shopping cart – generating this way the “flexibility of the shopping cart” (accessing older preference by accessing the “back” and “forward” buttons).
- Cookies provide website owners with valuable feedback on how users use their websites, so they can make them even more efficient and accessible.
- Allowing apps (multimedia or another kind) to be included on a website to create a more useful, pleasurable and valuable experience.
- Providing relevant advertisements for the user.
We consider it very important that you know what cookies the website www.customsoft.ro uses, and the purpose. We want to guarantee you the confidentiality and ease of use of the website www.customsoft.ro. Below you can read more about the types of cookies that we use and their purpose.
www.customsoft.ro uses its cookies and also third-party cookies to offer users an enhanced experience and services adapted to their needs and interests.
Cookie modules help us provide, protect and update the website, for example by measuring traffic and ensuring a safe user experience. It is possible that the cookie modules we use change from time to time, along with us updating our website’s pages.
By using the services provided by www.customsoft.ro on your computer can be installed:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are compulsory for the proper functioning of a web site.
www.customsoft.ro uses this kind of cookies to offer each user better navigation experience. These cookies allow us to:
- Send the information from one page to the next one (for example, if you have completed an online form or if you need to introduce data when you order online or ask a question);
- Store information about your preferences which allow us to customize our website according to your interests;
- Recognize you when you come back on our website. Strictly necessary cookies give you the possibility to save your login data, so you won’t need to introduce it every time;
- Detect abuse on our website, for example, several failed attempts to connect. There is no permission required to use these cookies and they can’t be deactivated.
Cookies for statistics
- Registering the number of visitors on our web pages;
- Measuring the time spent on our web pages;
- Registering the order users access various pages on our website;
- Identifying the website’s components that need an update;
- Optimizing the website.
Functional cookies allow the website www.customsoft.ro to offer access to additional facilities to enhance the navigation experience on the website and customize of the display, including reminding the user about the choices, preferred language, and location. These cookies can be set either by us or by third parties whose services we use on our pages (for example the search service is provided by Google Custom Search; we use the Google Maps technology to show the location and the video content associated with the articles from the website is provided by YouTube).
You can find detailed information about the services provided by Google Maps, YouTube, Google Captcha and personal data protection (including how to control the information you submit to Google) at https://policies.google.com/technologies/
Cookies for social media
The articles and videos that you view on our website can be shared on social media through specific sharing buttons. The functioning of these buttons is using cookies for social media modules so you are registered when you want to share an article or video from our website.
If you do not want the site to place cookies on your computer, you can adjust the browser’s settings so you receive a notification before placing cookie modules. Also, you can adjust the settings so that your browser automatically denies all cookies or third-party cookies. You can also delete the already-placed cookies. Keep in mind that you have to modify the settings separately for every browser and every computer that you use.
If you deny all cookies, we can’t guarantee the proper functioning of the website. It is possible that some functionalities are lost or even your access will be denied on some websites. More, refusing cookies does not mean you won’t see advertisements. By not using cookies you will receive more repetitive ads that are not tailored to your interests.
How you can change the settings is different on every browser. If it is necessary, take a look at the Help section from your browser or click one of the links down here to go directly to the User’s Guide of your browser.
- Cookie settings in Chrome;
- Cookie settings in Firefox;
- Cookie settings in Microsoft Edge;
- Cookie settings in Safari;
- Cookie settings in Opera.
Delete cookies in Microsoft Edge
Go to the Tools menu> Internet Options> General tab. Under Browse history, click Delete. You may not want to delete everything. Make sure that in any case Cookies is checked and click on Delete.
Delete cookies in Firefox
Go to Tools> Options> Privacy tab. Click Clear your recent history. Under Details, you can indicate exactly what you want to delete. Check-in any case Cookies. You can also indicate how old the cookies should be. Select All here.
Delete cookies in Chrome
Click on the icon with 3 lines at the top right. Click Tools> Clear browsing data. Make sure that ‘Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data’ is checked. You can also indicate how old the cookies should be. Select All here.